Premium Bundle (for the Ultimate Go-Getter)
Start Write Here ebook
Start Write Here audiobook
- 1-hr Literary Agent Q&A with Karen Neumair
- 45-minute Author Q&A with Award-Winner Jocelyn Green
- 1-hr Self-Publishing vs. Traditional Class with Rebecca Halton
- 4 thirty-minute, personalized coaching calls with Rebecca
- recording included
- scheduled at a time best for both
- must be scheduled within 30 days of order
Highlights from Each Audio
Start Write Here audiobook:
Feel "called" to write your book?
- Is overwhelm created equally?
Can you overcome overwhelm?
First question to ask is...
- Top 5 reasons people tell me they want to write a book
- Top 5 reasons people tell me they "can't" write that book
- 8 "cans" for those "can'ts"
- 4 primary reasons aspiring authors feel overwhelmed
- Let's talk about the 'p' word...
- 11 common causes of overwhelm
- The "biggest troublemaker" I've seen...
- The unseen string attached: expectations
1-hr Literary Agent Q&A with Agent Karen Neumair:
- What exactly is a literary agent?
- What do they actually do?
- What 5 things does Karen look for in an author?
- Should you start with getting an agent?
- How can you reach Karen for a sample proposal?
- Should you already have the book written?
- How should you approach an agent?
- Karen's "ideal" way to meet a new author
- The book she recommends to every writer
- Tips for writing a query email (why no letter?)
- What if you don't have a certain number of followers?
- Platform building: Do you have to be on Facebook?
- Tips for dealing with perfectionism
- What are unrealistic expectations of an agent?
Who negotiates your contract or mediates issues?
Self-publishing? An agent's perspective.
- Tips for dealing with rejection (which is common)
Major red flag(s) with a potential literary agent
- What percentage do agents typically get paid?
45-minute Author Q&A with Award-Winner Jocelyn Green:
- Award-winning author of 10+ books
- Author of fiction and nonfiction books
- Coauthor of 5 Love Languages: Military Edition
- Tips for balancing marriage, motherhood, and writing
- Deadlines, daily writing, and distractions
- Why to not try editing yourself while writing at the same time
- Tips for narrowing down a focus area for your writing
- The dreaded paralysis by analysis...
The two extremes: too timid or too eager
- Awful first drafts and tips for finding your voice
Jocelyn's "hardest thing" (for her writing process)
Loneliness in writing (and getting out of your own head)
- Should you show friends and family? Jocelyn's tips.
- Rebecca's confessions about not being "Superwriter"
- Dispelling the myth of needing an English degree
Rules: for keeping or for breaking?
The one habit Jocelyn says writers must have/do
- Sharing sensitive stories or writing about the past
- Writing your testimony vs. writing a tell-all
1-hr Self-Publishing vs. Traditional Class with Rebecca Halton:
- 10 important things to know about self-publishing
Considering WestBow Press? Rebecca's (unpaid) opinion.
- 4 months?! Writing and releasing my first book in less than 6
Do you "need" a degree in writing to become an author?
- The power of our words, the importance of writers
The 'b' word: What you must have for publishing
- The much-needed reality check a friend gave Rebecca
What caused frustration for me with self-publishing
Back to Start Write Here: Overcome the Overwhelm